Pleasant Point Baptist Church in Lincoln County and their pastor, Bro. M.A. Middleton, began Meeting with the people from this community in 1893 at the Grove Ridge School. On August 9, 1896, the church was established as a full-fledge congregation. Bro. Middleton served as the first pastor,shepherding the church for five years. We have ordained several minister and deacons over the years.
We’ve continued to spread the gospel and serve our community from our perch on the hill for the past 116 years.
In 1900 Edward Ritchie deeded the church land on what was known as Burdick Hill. The members decided to build a 32’ X 48’ church building, which would cost $600.00.
In 1901 the building was completed and dedicated.
In 1959, the building was remolded. However, before we moved back into the structure, it burned to the ground. The rebuilt church was dedicated 1960.
The basement and Sunday school rooms were added in 1974, along with new heating and cooling systems.
“It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord...” Acts 15:25(a) KJV
The Church was Founded in 1895
We are a Southern Baptist Church that is dedicated to increasing our knowledge of Jesus Christ and showing others that we are his disciples by our love for one another.
Mission:It's our goal to help our community be a better place to live and provide a Church where you can be spiritually feed and be a part of family.